What Works for LLN was funded under the Workplace English Language and Literacy (WELL) Program by the Australian Government Department of Education and Training. WELL is now closed.
The WELL programme aimed to assist organisations to train their workers in job-related English language, literacy and numeracy skills. The WELL programme was integrated with vocational training and dedicated to the needs of the workplace, from employers’ and employees’ perspectives (UNESCO, 2013).
There are 33 videos in the What Works for LLN video library and they are grouped into the following three series:
- Introduction to LLN (LLN in Training and Assessment)
- Practical LLN Tips for Trainers and Assessors (LLN in the Workplace)
- Introduction to Workplace Literacy and Numeracy (LLN in the Workplace)
More on WELL (noting this is historical information):
- The professional development of WELL Programme practitioners [Journal article PDF]
- Fighting for better workplace literacy and numeracy - Statement from Adult Learning Australia
- WELL Case Study - from DEWR
- BEYOND CINDERELLA: Towards a learning society - From Parliament of Australia, Parliamentary Business
- Workplace Literacy - Flier from NDS Workforce RESOURCES - Building tomorrow’s workplace today
All the What Works for LLN videos were produced by Ideas That Work. Copyright for these videos is owned by the Commonwealth of Australia and content is shared under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Australia Licence which has been applied to this work.
Enjoy the videos. None of these attract a Record of Participation from Skills Education.
The following support files about how to activate live captions and adjust settings for videos on this site are available for download, or you can view short clips on our help page:
© Commonwealth of Australia 2015
This work is copyright. Except where otherwise indicated, and save for the Commonwealth Coat of Arms, the Department has applied the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Australia Licence to this work.
The Department of Education and Training must be attributed as the author of the Department’s copyright material.
As far as practicable, material for which the copyright is owned by a third party has been clearly labelled. The Department has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that this material has been reproduced on this website with the full consent of the copyright owners.
Requests and enquiries concerning the Department’s copyright material should be addressed to:
People Communication and Legal Group
Department of Education and Training
GPO Box 9880 Canberra ACT 2601
Or emailed to [email protected]
Funded under the Workplace English Language and Literacy (WELL) Program by the Australian Government Department of Education and Training.
The views expressed in this website do not necessarily represent the view of the Minister for Education and Training or the Australian Government. The Australian Government does not give any warranty nor accept any liability in relation to the contents of this work.
ISBN NUMBER 978-0-9870953-3-6
Quick Links to Popular Skills Education PD Areas
- Search All PD
- | Assessment Tool Development
- | Compliance for RTO Operations
- | Compliance for Trainer/Assessor Requirements
- Digital / Online Facilitation
- | Digital Learning Design
- | Student Support, Inclusion and Engagement
- | Training Delivery and Facilitation Skills
- | Value Bundles
- | Templates and Tools
- | EDUCATION MATTERS - Learning and Resources Hub