Who said learning couldn't be fun?!
Gamification theory in education is that learners learn best when they are also having fun - so how do we inject fun into our sessions and lessons?
Using the concept of game mechanics and game design techniques to engage and motivate people, gamification in education is used as a driver to promote fundamental things such as learning, enhanced learning processes and outcomes, and strengthened engagement.
This session will provide participants with a “crash-course” in the basics of gamification and will share the 7 steps for creating a dynamic gamification solution to suit any content. Best of all, participants will have the opportunity to put these steps into practice during the session and will walk away with a draft plan to support their own training.
This session will:
- Define gamification
- Outline the benefits of gamification
- Identify and discuss the 7 steps to create a dynamic gamification solution
- Explore various options for 'rewards' - including digital badges
- Showcase 3 different gamification platforms and their features
Important information to access the webinar
Replay of the Recorded Live Webinar
Quick Links to Popular PD Areas
- Search All PD
- | Assessment Tool Development
- | Compliance for RTO Operations
- | Compliance for Trainer/Assessor Requirements
- Digital / Online Facilitation
- | Digital Learning Design
- | Student Support, Inclusion and Engagement
- | Training Delivery and Facilitation Skills
- | Value Bundles
- | Templates and Tools
Marc Ratcliffe is a multi-award-winning trainer, author and education entrepreneur. He is the CEO and founder of MRWED Training and Assessment and has been involved in the VET Sector for more than 25 years. Marc is a strong advocate for "edu-tainment" and believes that learner involvement and fun are integral to student success.
He continues to be an in-demand conference speaker and workshop facilitator, having presented at more than 50 conferences in a dozen countries in the past decade. He has also presented training-related workshops internationally in the UK, North America, Africa and Asia and is one of only two people in Australia certified to deliver Bob Pike’s Train-the-Trainer Boot Camp, the world’s most respected train-the-trainer program.
Contact and connect with Marc: