** Use the 'Register' button to put your name down for the next intake **
(Don't worry - payment is on enrolment; once the dates for next intake are announced)
There will also be an information session on Tuesday 22 June at 1.30-2.00 pm AEST which will give a sneak peek and showcase of what this course offers.
8 Week Course - Full support and mentoring as you progress!
Do you need to provide a blended training experience where learners can access, and interact with, their training at any time and from any location? Our Discovery program will equip you to do just that.
We will step through the instructional design journey of analysing, designing, developing, implementing and evaluating an online course.
Upon successful completion of this Discovery Program, you will have created a structure and key features of your online course, ready for use with your learner group.
While this is best done through a learning management system (LMS), you will also learn about other options and you will not be required to have access to an LMS.
If you are one of the following, this course is specifically designed for you:
- A trainer, assessor or course creator looking to create or improve their online courses
- Anyone looking to gain employment as an instructional designer (or educational/learning designer) in any educational or training and development sector
An RTO looking for positive ROI
- A member of staff can attend this program and be trained on how to design and develop an online course for the same price (or less!) than what it would cost for just the design phase to be produced by a contracted Instructional/Learning Design consultant
This program will:
- Teach instructional design processes - essential if seeking employment in the course creation and/or instructional design space
- Use applied/action-based learning where participants will come away with a tangible outcome at the completion of the program - you’ll actually be working to build your very own course as we move through the program
- Be holistic in its level of support by providing ongoing coaching and mentoring throughout the program
- Provide all necessary support resources throughout the program
- Be facilitated through a purpose-built environment to showcase the learning outcomes
As a main point of difference, this Discovery Program is not just a series of webinars. To be run over eight weeks, It incorporates five webinar sessions, plus online and individual activities between webinars.
You will create an engaging online experience which meets the training outcomes for your learner cohort by:
- Participating in learning activities to build your instructional design skills
- Considering regular feedback and individual coaching from the highly experienced Discovery Program facilitators, and
- Sharing your progress and learning from other participants through our ‘community of learners’
Tuesdays - 5.30pm - 7.00pm AEST
Session 1 - Analysing and scoping your training need (June 1)
- Applying instructional design models to your training opportunity.
Session 2 - Designing strategies and techniques (June 8)
- Designing and storyboard your new course
Session 3 - Development and quality assurance (June 22)
- Building your online components in your online course
Session 4 - Implementing your online course (July 20)
- Orientating trainers and learners to learn and work together online
Session 5 - Evaluating to inform future iterations (August 3)
- Reviewing your course and sharing your insights and improvement opportunities
All 90-minute webinar sessions will be recorded.
Important information to access the course
Replays of the Recorded Live Sessions
This unique learning course is proudly presented and facilitated by Allison Miller and Mick Gwyther
Allison Miller is the Director and Lead Consultant of Digital Capability, an organisation which specialises in cutting edge online learning and online business strategies and solutions.
Allison has a Master of Learning and Development (Organisational Development), Graduate Certificate in Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Bachelor of Education (Secondary Business), Diploma of VET, Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, Diploma of Business, Certificate IV in Business Administration and Certificate III in Government.
Allison has been involved in education and training for over twenty-five years as an educator, e-learning leader and innovator, and as a disruptive change manager. Allison also helps businesses take advantage of opportunities in a digital world through supporting them to think strategically when using digital technologies.
Allison also leads ePortfolios Australia – a professional network which aims to support the use of e-portfolio practice in Australia and beyond through professional development activities and the sharing of research, resources, ideas and practice. In this role, Allison works with individuals from leading educational institutions, both within Australia and in Europe, New Zealand and North America.
Allison specialises in building digital capability in organisations and individuals through action-based learning techniques which utilise creative thinking, collaboration and problem-solving techniques. Allison also uses e-mentoring and e-coaching techniques to develop digital mindsets which embeds digital-first thinking.
Allison also helps educational organisations ensure that their training and assessment is effective, engaging and compliant, especially online.
Allison uses her extensive education and experience to ensure her clients use strategic thinking on e-designs and e-implementations, basing her information on tried and tested current, as well as emerging, digital capability and business development strategies.
Allison’s wide-ranging project management experience ensures the projects she is involved in are successful by being well planned and managed, and that the right stakeholders are consulted, engaged and involved to ensure project goals are achieved.
Allison’s current educator experience includes facilitating fully online, post-graduate ICT programs which enable international students to gain Australian workplace and business experience for the Australian Computer Society. She is also a DeakinCo. Credential Assessor, assessing credentials in a broad range of professional and business areas, up to and including the Master/Expert level. Allison also has experience delivering accredited online training and assessing in the areas of the Diploma in VET, Diploma of Training Design and Development and Certificate IV in Training and Assessment for Swinburne University of Technology, as well as the Certificate II in Business up to Diploma of Business and the Diploma of Business Administration for TAFE SA.
Contact and connect with Allison:
Mick commenced e-learning while working with disadvantaged learners in the Victorian ACE sector in the mid-1990s.
He began mentoring ACE teachers around digital teaching and learning in 1998 before setting up an RTO.
Now part of Yum Studio, he oversees a variety of coaching, mentoring and training programs to assist educators and RTOs to introduce learner centred approaches to digital learning.
Michael is also a digital learning writer, designer and digital facilitation coach and VET trainer.
Contact and connect with Mick: